Welcome to your Benefits!
Alberta Blue Cross is committed to supporting us through this time of uncertainty. Their top priority is ensuring we receive uninterrupted access to our benefits and coverage.
Alberta Blue Cross offers three ways to manage your claim and benefit information – so you can access your benefits, your way. Choose from either the desktop site, mobile-friendly web site or the “Alberta Blue Cross My Benefits” app.
Sign in to the member services using your Alberta Blue Cross login ID and password. Not registered yet? Simply visit www.ab.bluecross.ca and click on the “Sign In” button, select “Plan Members”, and click the “Not Registered Yet” link where you can register for access to all the Alberta Blue Cross web services.
Let us know if you have any questions by contacting Benefits@rdc.ab.ca.
Phone 1.800.661.6995 if you have any questions regarding coverage or your claims.
- Permanent, Full-time
- Permanent, Part-time – must be guaranteed at least 17.5 hours per week
- Term-Certain – must be guaranteed at least six months of employment (910 hours)
- Family – $164.62 per month (employee pays $41.16, employer pays $123.46)
- Single – $53.68 per month (employee pays $13.42, employer pays $40.26)
Extended Health Rates (July 1, 2020)
- Family – $193.02 per month (employee pays $48.26, employer pays $144.76)
- Single – $105.54 per month (employee pays $26.38, employer pays $79.16)
For details, please refer to the Coordination of Benefits brochure. It includes information about determining which plan pays first, how to submit a COB claim and describes some common situations participants may encounter with direct bill plans.
The program is unique because it provides you with savings at the point of sale on the total cost of products and services from participating providers, regardless of whether the item is covered under our health plan or not. To find savings, just visit the Blue Advantage website. Then to receive savings, simply present your Alberta Blue Cross ID card to the participating provider and mention the Blue Advantage program.
- Dental Claim/Treatment Plans This form is used to submit all dental claims including accidental dental services.
- Health Services Claim This form is used to submit claims for products or services such as prescription drugs, semi-private hospital accommodation, ambulance, psychology services, physiotherapy, chiropractic, wheelchairs, vision care and hearing aids.
- Orthopedic Shoe and Foot Orthotic Fabrication Form/Medical Supply Checklist Claiming for orthopedic shoes, foot orthotics or surgical stockings? View the fabrication form (page 1) and requirements checklist (page 2).
- Health Spending Account Claims To apply for reimbursement of your health and dental plan rates, please use two forms: The Health Spending Account Claims form and the Health/Dental Plan Rate Reimbursement Form.
- Health/Dental Plan Rate Reimbursement This form must be submitted along with a Health Spending Account Claims form. Please complete the employee information before sending it to Human Resources for completion of the employer information.
- Out of Province/Out of Country Claims Use this form to submit emergency medical expenses incurred while travelling. These could include expenses such as ambulance, hospital, airfare and vehicle return.
- Overage Dependant Declaration