Pensions for CUPE 1445 members are provided through the LAPP pension plan. If you have questions about your eligibility for the plan contact your Executive or for more information please visit LAPP Website or phone 1.877.649.5277.
The waiting period is waived if the employee has participated in the Local Authorities Pension Plan with another employer and there is less than a six month break in service. All periods of employment at RDC will be applied to the 12 month waiting period.
Voluntary membership is available to permanent part-time members of CUPE and AUPE who work 17.5 or more hours and less than 30 hours per week.
- 8.39% of salary up to $2,566.67 per pay period, plus
- 12.84% of salary over $2,566.67 per pay period
- 9.39% of salary up to $2,566.67 per pay period, plus
- 13.84% of salary over $2,566.67 per pay period
*Year’s Maximum Pensionable Earnings for 2021 is $61,600.00
- The Value of Being Vested
- How Is My Pension Calculated?
- The Benefits of an LAPP Pension
- Buying Prior Service
- Annual Statements/Pension Highlights
- Are You Working Part-Time?
- Pension Estimator can help with different “what if” retirement scenarios
- Buyback Estimator to see what it might cost to buy back a period of prior service
- CPP and OAS Calculators to give you an idea of what you can expect to receive from government pensions
- One-on-One Information Sessions
- Webinar Sessions
- Will the amount of my pension ever change?
- What happens to my pension at the end of my life?
- Can I still work while receiving my LAPP pension?
- What if I move out of Canada?